Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Wedding Show Weekend

Things are very busy over here at Great Gatherings. We are getting used to pre-kindergarten with the little one and getting ready for his FOURTH birthday party this next weekend. Check back for sneak peeks of his "I think I can, I think I can..." train party. 

But, this weekend we changed gears and set-up for a wedding show with The Plant Shoppe. We started planning for the show about a month or so ago. After hearing the theme (Peacock Feathers!) that Betsy, the owner, selected for the show I set out to gather ideas. Where else do you get A-MAZING ideas other than Pinterest!  

I collected several a couple (I can not tell a lie!) a TON of ideas and sent them to Betsy.  We worked off of those ideas and came up with:

I loved our shoe prop!  Gorgeous!  I found it on ebay for $15! I thought that was unbelievable, since they were brand NEW! 
Part of our inspiration was a peacock I found on Pinterest made out of flowers and feathers.  Betsy NAILED it with this peacock!  I LOVE him! She found the peacock head on the front porch of her neighbors house!  I love that story, because it is TRUE... you always have to keep your eyes open for inspiration and ideas.




I had a great time playing with the chair ties and came up with this for the final design.   

This is the wedding card designed by my friend Lauren McKinsey.  How much do you love this dress?


 And, this was my favorite bouquet from the day.  BEAUTIFUL!



One of the highlights from the booth is the "photo booth" for brides-to-be.  They LOVE it and I think it turned out great.  Love the feathers at the bottom of the bridal dress.

Thanks for letting me share my weekend with you!  How was yours?

I am moving rapidly on to trains and four-year-old party inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment